Tuesday, December 29, 2015

The Right Thing to Say

Well... Here's the topic of today— I never say the right things. Most of the time I have no idea what to say, because nothing sounds right.
People like to come to me and tell me their troubles and, most of the time, I want to reply "I'm sorry" (because I am sorry that that happened to them) or "It'll be okay" (because in the end, it most likely will be). The problem is saying "It'll be okay" would make me angry if anyone ever said it to me when I am mad or upset, therefore it makes me not want to say it out of fear people get mad just like me. Along with that is the meaningless "I'm sorry" statement, because a lot of the time it just sounds like you don't give a crap. It's difficult.
Furthermore, I have a hard time sympathizing with people. I'm more empathetic especially with anger. It's not an easy thing for me, but I guess I'm the type of person that draws a lot of people to trust me enough to tell me what's going on in their life. Don't get me wrong. I don't particularly hate that people feel comfortable talking to me. I just hate that I'm not good at consolation through words. I'd rather do some shopping therapy.
When my friends grandmother died, it was easier just buying her a coffee and siting silently in a Starbucks then trying to push my beliefs on her or bully her into not feeling anything. (Yeah... maybe I have issues). I could write something sentimental as well. My vocal chords apparently have a pride problem.
Oh and let's get personal for a minute. As you could probably guess, I'm a pretty independent person. I've learned to build whatever I need built and do whatever I need done. I recently just got into the longest relationship I've ever been in with the best guy ever. He told me he loves me. (Trust me this has to do with the topic). Anyways, I didn't say it back. Not because I don't love him. It's not that at all. It's just... I have a problem with people leaving and I need more time. I need more time than others for a lot of things. I'm not one of those people where I say I need time and it never happens, I just... it takes me longer to get used to things. You know? To get used to guy actually staying around. To get used to a guy actually wanting to hangout with me. It's different. It hasn't happened before and it's going to take time for me to completely let go of everything. (Pride and such). It applies to the subject because I didn't say the right thing. But one day I will.
The lesson of this post is that the right words come eventually, not right away. When your heart, head, and mouth, align, the right words begin to spill out. For some, it's easy. For others, it'll take some time to open up and allow yourself to be vulnerable and that's okay. Everything will be okay.

Stay open to things.

With love,
SKW

1 comment: