Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Stress Gives Me Pimples

The count down has begun until I leave for the UK June 1st. Things here are quiet. Parents are at work. Siblings are always gone and I've got no where to go until Monday. It gets sort of dull just sitting around the house with the dog watching Botched. But as the days bleed away before the trip, I feel my stomach tightening at the thought of getting on a plane for Ireland. My biggest worry is the credit card situation. What if it doesn't work? My teachers already said they aren't helping. Everyone else is worried about me losing the card or the passport, while I'm worried about what I WON'T have. *sigh* Always a pessimist.
As an update on Emerald Forest I will say that it is longer than I originally planned it to be. As of right now it is 84,000 words, give a hundred or so. I can't say that I'm not excited for its end (mostly because of the reactions I hope to elicit from people). But I am also excited for the third book, Amber Falls. Shane will get a lot more face time and his past will be opened up like a large, grotesque blister. Poor thing. I'll keep ya'll updated on that.
As of my writer friend, she is actually coming along quite well with her novel. I have full belief that when she's done she'll get traditionally published, because of how unique the plot line is (*cough* Team Tate *cough*).
I have to add that it is difficult doing what we're doing at our age. There's just too much to fit into one day. We have school and family and events. We have the struggle between reading or writing every day, because there's almost never time for both. I have a dog that climbs across my laptop whenever I whip it out and impedes my writing. Plus, vacations that stress us out (hey, it's summer and I love winter). But I will promise, this book will be out before school starts again. I'll be disappointed in myself if it isn't.
Passenger and Gabrielle Aplin calm me down. They have such beautiful voices.

Be calm and carry on.

With Love, SKW

2 comments:

  1. Listen to the Power if Love by Gabrielle Aplin. It's good.

    And Bentley is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I already do. I listen to all of her songs.

    ReplyDelete