Sunday, September 28, 2014

Counting Days is easier than Counting Stars

The days here can seem either really long or really short depending on the time of year and what there is to do. Personally, I love Fall and Winter, because then I'm not dying of heat stroke and there is a lot going on. There is the carnival coming to town, the haunted houses opening up, Thanksgiving, Christmas (Hanukah, Kwanza), maybe even a little snow to get us out of school. But those things are not what I am counting down to. I am counting down to my book signing that is in three days.
I always ask people who've read my book what they think of it and everyone loves it (so they say aloud). My papa wanted to assure me that I knew that not everyone is going to like it and sooner or later I'm going to get a bad review. I know. I wait for that moment! I want someone to say it's crap so I can finally breathe out. I expect someone to say it's crap all because I think of it that way. I cannot even read that book anymore because no matter how good I think it sounds when I'm writing it, it makes me frustrated when I read it. But if they truly think that, they won't voice it out loud for me or anyone else to hear.
So, anyways, the book signing. I have put up posters everywhere and only have 22 books left to sell (family first \(0-0)/  ) but I still don't think that many people will show up. But if they do then that saves me from sitting there for FOUR HOURS. Hahaha. I know I complain. Honestly, its not going to bother me sitting there for that long. I just like to get out of the house. I just have to remember- You have to start somewhere to get to where you want to be.

-Remember who you are, loves
Love, SKW

2 comments: