Monday, September 22, 2014

Instant Celebrity... of Wonderland?

So here I am, the queen of the unknown, the girl whose name most cannot say or remember, the princess of going from silence to abrasive with a few wrong words. I know who I am to other people and to myself. To those other than me I can be a bitch (I know it. I can admit it.) or I can be the timid shy girl or the geek who loves fiction books and action movies and songs that touch the feels. To me... I'm a failure, I can't be consistent. I rot my teeth with coffee and cover the walls of my room in posters and bandana' because I want something more original than just painting it a color that gets old in less than a year. I see myself as a burden and a girl destined to go no where fast. But things are changing in odd ways...
Ever since I can remember no one has really cared much mind to me, because I wasn't full of drama and I really never did anything that was worth mentioning. Yet... May 23rd changed my social life (not much my pocket life). Those teachers and peers that couldn't even pronounce my name right now know who I am and have begun to take interest. They've all heard slowly that I have written a published book and actually want to read or buy it because they know me! Those girls that at one point didn't like me too much or were too pretty and popular to search the room for me now love that I wrote a book and have so many questions to ask me. Like what? What the heck happened? I'm not a "known" person. HECK! I'm not even a very good people person! It is just so weird to think that in four months I've gained something of a title for myself. "Author". Can I keep it though? Or will I continue to be the failure I think I am and ruin it all? I guess it's up to the Big Guy, but I must say... I don't think I could stop writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment