Monday, January 20, 2014

Finding Hope

Well, I am almost done with the first book in my trilogy. Bad news is I'm not publishing it for a long long time. There are too many vampire books on the market right now and even though mine is about hunters it doesn't matter. I have ben turned down by literary agents BECAUSE of the genre.  So I'll put it aside for sometime in the future when the hype has gone down and I can polish it up correctly.
 The first book I wrote and finished was in 8th and it was over 200 pages too. But I wasn't happy with how it ended up and put it to the side as well. Lucky for me though, I have other ideas for books until then.
 It does suck. I have spent over a year and a half on this vampire hunting book only to be shot down because vampires are too popular right now. But things happen for a reason. Maybe when I do get it published it'll be big. I just have to believe there is something more than giving up which isn't what I'm doing. I am waiting patiently. Patience is rewarded with time. Eventually. It's just hard holding on to that faith.
 Over a year -_- oh well. I'll finish the trilogy and hope by the time I am done the craze will have moved on and I can publish successfully. Cheers to the future.
-With Love, SKW

No comments:

Post a Comment